Wednesday, August 29, 2012

“I Love to be Called a Nigerian” -White American Woman married to a Nigerian

A white American lady who was said to have
been rejected by parents because of her love for
Black men, especially a Nigerian man, who was
also having so much problem among her peers
for having a soft touch for Nigerians had the
following to say:
“I am a white American that married a Nigerian . I
grew up in Bauxite, Arkansas. I have lived in
Nigeria for the past 7 years with my husband. We
have two children together. We have been
married for 12 years now. My father has never
met my husband and has refused to accept my
children also.
When I had my first baby, a little girl that is now
12 years old. I called my father and said that I
wanted to come and see him for Christmas with
my baby. He said, “I don’t want any black people
in my home!” and hung up the phone!
I grew up in an all white school with only one
mixed girl in the school. I was treated horribly in
school because I dated a black boy that lived in
the next town at the age of 16. My father told me
that he would disown me and to this day, I have
never received a phone call from him.
I was called nigger lover in school and nobody
wanted to sit by me. I knew what it felt like to be
rejected. I was sent away to several different
homes for troubled children because my mother
did not want me to be with a black person. She
would lock the phone up in her room.
But, today I live in the blackest nation, Nigeria.
And today I am happy that I did not end up racist
like them or should I say ignorant.”
Michael George-Ukhuegbe].


No comments:

Post a Comment