Monday, November 12, 2012

‘Apostle Of The Most High’ Paraded Naked For Raping 8-Year Old Girl In Lagos

An Ogun State-born ‘cleric,’ George Akinyele, was
almost lynched by an angry mob for allegedly
having carnal knowledge of an 8-year-old girl.
However, Akinyele, who is said to be the
shepherd in charge of one of the branches of a
leading pentecostal church in the Ejigbo area of
Lagos state, did not escape being beaten black
and blue and paraded naked, by the mob.
The victim’s father, known as Baba Akeem
narrated how the unfortunate sexual knowledge
of his little child began: “About a month ago, we
were shocked when our daughter, Elizabeth
complained of virginal pains, saying that she was
sexually abused by ‘Baba’, the name she calls
Akinleye the neighbourhood pastor. Her
descriptions of what transpired between her and
Akinleye showed that she was actually raped.”
The father, who was visibly shocked and enraged,
continued: “Angrily, I confronted the man. He
accepted getting close to my daughter, but
denied raping her; I knew he was lying. I almost
got the Police involved, if not for the advice from
neighbours to allow the sleeping dog lie.
Surprisingly, barely a month later, I came back
home from work, only for my daughter to start
demanding for the type of drug I gave her in the
past when ‘Baba’ abused her. I asked her why
she needs it, but to my shock, she said ‘Baba’
abused her again. That was how I raised the
alarm and took my daughter to the nearest
hospital, for medical examination and possible
treatment. This was after the hospital confirmed
the abuse”, he alleged.
Akinyele who refers to himself as the ‘Apostle of
the Most High’ during his early morning sermons
in he area, defended himself thus: “We both live
in the same environment, and the father is so
close to me that sometimes I ask him for help
which he always rendered. I’m innocent of this
particular accusation-the recent one. The first
time I was accused of raping her, I had gone to
their house where I met the little girl working on
her school assignment. I offered to help her with
the assignment which she gave me and I later
returned it to her. I don’t know why nobody
believed me, I didn’t have sex with that girl”, he
exonerated himself.
“This time around, she is saying that I ‘double
crossed’ her at Somonu Animashaun Street and
had sex with her again. How could I have done
that? I wasn’t even at that area at the said time of
the rape. Before God and man, I didn’t do
anything to her this second time that I’m being
accused.”
However following several threats, the preacher
eventually admitted committing the ‘unholy act’
with the infant girl once.
Confirming Elizabeth’s rape, the resident doctor
of the hospital where she was treated disclosed
that, “she was brought here by her father and I
can confirm she is okay now. I’m just appalled by
how the accused man was treated. If care was
not taken, he could have been lynched. I’m
against jungle justice no matter the level of crime
committed”, the doctor added.
If not for the timely arrival of policemen attached
to the Ejigbo police station, the alleged child
rapist could have been lynched after the mob
heard him admit to the heinous and dastardly
act.
The doctor however disclosed that due to the
victim’s twin ailments of ulcer and diabetes, he
couldn’t be detained for long and was
subsequently released by the police on medical
grounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment