Sunday, September 2, 2012

Between Life And Death: Aderemi Seeks Help

THE joy of every graduate in
Nigeria is to serve his or her
father’s land as a Youth Corper
and secure a Good Job at the
end. But, it is a sad one for
Adenuga Aderemi, a 33-year-
Old man who finished his
service at Akwa Ibom only to
discover discovered that he
has a kidney problem.
Aderemi graduated from Olabisi
Onabanjo University, Ogun State
in 2008 and was into GSM and
computer repair until he went
for his Youth Service in 2011. It
was during his service that he
discovered that he has a kidney
problem and since then, he has
been going for dialyses which
has been consuming a lot of
money.
According to Aderemi , it started
last year June towards the end
of his Youth Service and it was
confirmed that he has a chronic
kidney problem. “I was then
taken to Uyo Teaching Hospital
where I spent two days. But,
they could not find any solution
to what the problem was. So, I
was later taken to Live Support
Medical Centre in Lagos, where I
was diagnosed and admitted for
proper medical treatment” he
said.
After that, he was taken to Lagos
State University Teaching
Hospital (LASUTH). It  was at
LASUTH that he was told that it
was an acute kidney problem.
“When I got to LASUTH, my
expectation was that after doing
about two dialyses, it would be
over. But, I was told that I have
to continue doing the dialyses.
So, I did it up to December last
year, which has been
consuming a lot of money.
Around that December when I
noticed am getting better, I had
to stop because of the cost.” He
said.
“So after about three to four
months that I stopped the
dialyses, the problem
manifested again. So, I was
taken to our own personal
hospital where I was told it’s no
more acute that it has
aggravated to chronic kidney
problem. So, since then I have
been going for dialyses for more
than four months now apart
from the first one I did.” He said.
The Life Support Medical Centre
has now told Aderemi that the
only option left for him is to
undergo kidney transplant
which is going to cost
N6.5million, referring him to
Kidney Transplant Centre in
Indian.
Speaking about the problem,
Aderemi said life has been
difficult since then, saying he
has been restricted from doing
what normal people do and has
been unable to eat his favorite
foods. He has now been
assured that he will be alright
and get back to his normal life
after the transplant.
He is seeking help from
Nigerians for the kidney
transplant.
Aderemi can be reached
through:
*Account Name: Adenuga
Aderemilekun Skye Bank
Account Number:
1762720710
(Ogudu branch
Phone Number: 08034082698
-The Guardian
click here for the
link: Between Life And Death:
Aderemi Seeks Help


No comments:

Post a Comment