Saturday, September 22, 2012

Social Network Is Not My Thing” As Mikel Obi Denies Racial Slurs Prompted His Twitter Deletion

Social Network Is Not My Thing” As Mikel Obi Denies Racial Slurs Prompted His Twitter Deletion

John Mikel Obi says he was riled by abuse on Twitter following his Champion’s League error on Wednesday [Sep 19], but denies it prompted him to quit the social networking site.

The Nigerian turned over possession with a loose pass, allowing Juventus to level scores at 2-2, and cost Chelsea a point. He immediately became the target of vile, even racist abuse on Twitter and deleted his @Mikel12Official account soon after.
But in an exclusive conversation with KickOffNigeria.com, Mikel made it clear it wasn’t about the abuse. “Not really. It wasn’t about that. I just closed it because I’m not really into it (Twitter). I really did not like being on it”, Mikel said.
“I have always wanted to stop ever since I started. I’m a very private person. Social network is not my thing; I’m not good at it.”
The Nigerian also admitted culpability for the goal, but says it’s time to move on…”We all make mistakes in life. I feel terrible about it, but it’s not good to dwell on it”.
“We have other games coming up and we have to learn from our mistakes focus on the coming games”.
Source: Kickoff Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment