Sunday, October 21, 2012

“My husband is not married to anyone else” – Funke Akindele clears the air

Nollywood screen goddess and one of
the most highly rated Nigerian star
actress, Funke Akindele knows she
might have to set the records straight
sooner or later. “My huband has
never been married,” she insists in
response to much of the hearsay
about her marriage to Almaroof.
“I am the woman he got married to. I
was married properly. Alot of negative
comments came from sadists who
want to run their mouths. So because
I am a Youth Ambassador or
Celebrity, I can’t have my life?” she
asks rhetorically.
It is my life. If I do things because
people want me to, I will end up
unhappy. I do what I do because I
want to be happy. I would still
continue to teach morals and
campaign against HIV/AIDS and
enlighten the youths. It doesn’t make
me bad; that is even if it is, because I
can tell you authoritatively that my
husband is not married to anyone
else.
Yes, he has beautiful children, who
are not mine now and we have a
cordial relationship, which dates back
to even before we got married. ‘So
what if he has kids? Is that a disease?
That is where my heart is! I had many
non-biological children even before I
got married. I take them as my own
children, pay their bills and help them.
I have always loved children. So now
that God has given me these ones,
what should I do?
Will people be happier if I had
married someone who didn’t have
children, seem so perfect, put on my
make-p and fake smile on the red
carpet and start weeping when I get
home?’ She queries a deadpan ton.
And about my in-laws, they are very
wonderful and supportive and my
parents and siblings as well.
Source: Genevieve Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment