Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Yinka Ayefele cries out over plan to demolish his Nmillion house

The Oyo state government is
planning to demolish the multi
million naira music house - The
Yinka Ayefele Music House,
belonging to Tungba music
creator, Yinka Ayefele, which is
situated along Falana Rd in
Ibadan .
The state government said last
week that the building is being
considered for demolition
because its on the right-of-way
for the planned 8-lane road
expansion in Ibadan.
Reacting publicly for the first
time since he got the news,
Ayefele told Gbenga Shaba of
Yes! Magazine that the planned
demolition is a test of his faith.
"I know it's a test of my
faith and it will soon pass.
I observed the stipulated
distance range for the
building, but no one knew
that the area would soon
attract an 8-lane way,
which will mean more
lands have to give way for
the expansion. I know I'm
not the only one this will
affect. there are hundreds
of good people of Oyo
state who derive their daily
meals from different
activities that are carried
out in the building. I know
the governor of Oyo state
will now allow injustice to
be carried out. I know he
has a good heart and if
the house is demolished, I
hope I will be duely
compensated.


No comments:

Post a Comment