Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Patience Jonathan denies being admitted to hospital for tummy

In an arrival speech made in the
absence of many reporters who
were not allowed to the airport
tarmac – where the speech was
reportedly made- the first lady,
Patience Jonathan, has denied
being admitted to hospital for
“any cosmetic surgery, more or
less tummy tuck.”
Several Nigerian media, quoting
hospital and presidency sources
reported that Mrs. Jonathan was
admitted in a German hospital,
the Horst Schmidt Klinik in
Wiesbaden, Germany, an
assertion the first lady has now
denied.
“I read in the media where they
said I was in the hospital. God
almighty knows I have never
been to that hospital, I don’t
even know the hospital they
mentioned,” Mrs. Jonathan is
reported to have said, while
addressing a few well- wishers
at the airport tarmac.
Tens of others who were waiting
outside the tarmac left
disappointed as they could not
meet her.
The first lady did not however
say if she was admitted to any
other hospital for any
treatment.
Mrs. Jonathan also mentioned
the illnesses she was not treated
for, but did not disclose the
reason for her prolonged stay in
Germany.
“I have to explain what God has
done for me. I do not have
terminal illness, or rather any
cosmetic surgery, more or less
tummy-tuck. My husband loves
me as I am and I am pleased
with how God created me,” she
said.
She thanked Nigerians who
prayed for her while she was
away saying “Nigerians gathered
and prayed for me and God
listened and heard their prayers,
so I thank God for that.”
The first lady also condemned
some statements allegedly made
by some Nigerians on the
successful completion of the
tenure of some former
occupants of the presidential
villa.
“I will use this opportunity to tell
those few ones that are saying
that anybody that goes to villa
or Aso Rock will die. They
mentioned Abacha, they
mentioned Stella Obasanjo, they
mentioned Yar’Adua and other
people.
“But those people why didn’t
they mention those ones that
went there with their families
and succeeded and they still
came out alive,” she said.
Mrs. Jonathan, who thanked the
president, her children, and her
staff for standing by said she
was happy to be back in the
country.
“God has given be a second
chance to come and work with
women of Nigeria, children and
the less privileged.
“I have come to save Nigeria, I
have come to work with
Nigerians, I am there for them.
Once more I am pleased to be
back. I love Nigerians they are
my family,” she said.


No comments:

Post a Comment